Attorney Revathi Truong
Attorney Revathi Truong is a graduate of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.A. 2010) and University of South Dakota (J.D. 2015). She is admitted to practice law in all United States Immigration Courts, as well as Iowa state courts. Revathi is experienced in immigration law, both individual/family-based and employment-based (such as visas, green cards, travel documents, changes of status, I-9 compliance, work permits, citizenship). She also handles real estate property and business/corporate matters and advises on criminal/“crimmigration” and family law matters involving non-US citizens and mixed status families.
After completing her undergraduate degree in only three years, Revathi spent a gap year volunteering her time towards the legal needs of Midwesterners. Once in law school, Revathi competed in trial competitions across the United States, earned the highest grade in her Immigration Law course, made Dean’s List, and clerked for a private immigration attorney. Since graduating, Revathi has continued to focus on immigration law while earning recognition for her commitment.
Revathi made the University of South Dakota’s “30 Under 30” 2019 class, which recognizes outstanding young alumni who are making an impact in their professional and personal lives. She was a recipient of Siouxland Magazine’s “10 Under 40” award for 2019, which is given to Siouxland professionals who display enthusiasm for promoting our community. Revathi was also Siouxland Woman Magazine’s April 2019 “Cover Woman.” On top of all this, she serves on a number of charitable, community, and human/women’s rights organizations. Additionally, Revathi taught an Immigration Law course at her alma mater in the Spring 2018 semester – making her one of the youngest adjunct professors in the school’s history. Despite her relatively young age, Revathi is a force to be reckoned with.
Since immigration law is federal, Revathi is able to assist people all across the United States. She has helped immigrants and their families in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, North Carolina, Florida, and Ohio – just to name a few. She has experience working with diverse ethnic and religious populations, including Korean, Latino, Eritrean, Ethiopian, Indian, Oromo, and Vietnamese. As the daughter of immigrants and a first generation American, Revathi knows the “American Dream” is still alive and is committed to helping her clients achieve theirs. Together, we can!
- American Immigration Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Federal Bar Association – Immigration Law Section, Member
- Immigration Advocates Network, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association – Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Woodbury County Bar Association, Member
- Law School: University of South Dakota (J.D., 2015)
- College: University of Nebraska-Lincoln (B.A., 2010)
- Siouxland Coalition Against Human Trafficking, Executive Board Member (2018-2019)
- Siouxland Coalition Against Human Trafficking, Member (2015-present)
- Siouxland Asian Festival Board, Member (2018-present)
- Siouxland Community Health Center Board of Directors (2018-present)
- Mary J. Treglia Community House Board of Directors (2018-present)
- Mary J. Treglia Community House Citizenship Day (2017)
- Human Rights Commission Immigration Forum, Panelist (Feb 2019)
- MJTCH Naturalization Clinics (2018-present)
- Iowa State Bar “Immigration Issues for Non-Immigration Attorneys,” Presenter (Nov 2019)
*Immigration is federal, so Revathi is able to help clients with immigration issues across the U.S.