Attorney Ray Edgington
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM, and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Attorney Ray Edgington is a graduate of Morningside College (B.A., 1976) and the University of Iowa (J.D., 1981 with high distinction). Admitted to practice: Iowa State and Federal District courts, Nebraska State court, and the United States Tax Court. Member of the Iowa State Bar Association Probate and Trust Law Section (past Section Council Member), Elder Law Section and Taxation Section (past member of Estate and Gift Tax Committee); Iowa Trust and Estate Council; and member and past president of the Siouxland Estate Planning Council. Mr. Edgington also served on the Iowa Supreme Court Commission on Unauthorized Practice of Law and as Chairperson of the Iowa State Bar Association Insurance Committee. Areas of practice include probate and trust administration, estate planning (including farm and business succession, preparation of complex wills and trusts and estate, inheritance and income tax returns), real estate and closely held business planning. He has been a frequent speaker at legal seminars. Listed: Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates. Served on board of several charitable organizations and is currently a member of the Board of Directors (past president) of Mid America Museum of Aviation and Transportation.
Family: Married with two children pursuing professional careers.
Interests: Aviation, hunting and fishing.
Admitted to Practice
- Iowa state and federal district courts
- Nebraska state courts
- United States Tax Court
Areas of Practice
- Probate and trust administration
- Estate planning (including preparation of complex wills and trusts and estate, inheritance and income tax returns)
- Real estate
- Closely held business planning
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City – Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City –Trusts & Estates Law) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: The Best Lawyers in AmericaTM (Trusts and Estates) (2003-2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Top-Listed City Awards (Total Lawyers in Sioux City: 5 lawyers) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City – Trusts & Estates Law) (2022)
- Best Lawyers®: Top-Listed City Awards (Total Lawyers in Sioux City: 4 lawyers) (2022)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 3 – Sioux City – Trusts & Estates Law) (2021)
- Best Lawyers®: Lawyer of the Year (Trust and Estates) (2019)
- Martindale-Hubbell®: AV Preeminent® Rating (2014)