Attorney Dale Tigges
AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell DistinguishedSM, and Martindale-Hubbell NotableSM are Certification Marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell® certification procedures, standards and policies.
Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Attorney Dale Tigges is a graduate of the University of South Dakota (B.S., 1975) and Drake University (J.D. with honors, 1980) and a member of the Order of Coif. Mr. Tigges is admitted to practice in Iowa State and federal district courts, and in the United States Tax Court. He is a member of the Business Law Section and Environmental and Natural Resources Section of the Iowa State Bar Association. Mr. Tigges served on Committees of the Iowa State Bar Association that were responsible for drafting the Iowa Limited Liability Company Act, the Revised Uniform Partnership Act and the Revised Uniform Limited Partnership Act. Mr. Tigges is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the area of Corporate Law and Mergers and Acquisitions Law. He has been listed in Best Lawyers® for ten years or longer.
- Iowa State Bar Association Business Law Section, 1990-; Council, 1997-1999; Limited Liability Co. Committee, 1992-1996; Partnership Committee, 1996-1999; Business Law Manual Committee, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2015; Nonprofit Corporations Committee, 2003-Present.
- Law School: Drake University (J.D., with honors, 1980), Order of Coif.
- College: University of South Dakota (B.S., 1975).
Admitted to Practice
- United State States District Court for the Northern District of Iowa
- United States Tax Court
Areas of Practice
All types of business and tax matters
- Limited Liability Companies
- Nonprofit Corporations
- Business Acquisitions
- Business Sales
- Succession Planning
- Estate Planning
- Powers of Attorney
- Living Wills
- Estate Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Tax Exemp Entities
- Real Estate Purchase Agreements
- Missouri River Historical Development; Food Bank of Siouxland; Council on Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence; United Way; Catholic Charities; Blessed Sacrament Catholic School Board; Blessed Sacrament Finance Committee; Catholic Schools of Sioux City School Board; Big Brothers Big Sisters of Siouxland; The Siouxland YMCA
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City – Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City –Trusts & Estates Law) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: The Best Lawyers in AmericaTM (Corporate Law) (2006-2023)
- Best Lawyers®: The Best Lawyers in AmericaTM (Mergers and Acquisitions Law) (2013-2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Top-Listed City Awards (Total Lawyers in Sioux City: 5 lawyers) (2023)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 2 – Sioux City – Trusts & Estates Law) (2022)
- Best Lawyers®: Top-Listed City Awards (Total Lawyers in Sioux City: 4 lawyers) (2022)
- Best Lawyers®: Best Law Firms (Metropolitan Tier 3 – Sioux City – Trusts & Estates Law) (2021)
- Martindale-Hubbell®: AV Preeminent® Rating (2003)